LDAP auth, user roles

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

maik

LDAP auth, user roles

Post by maik »

Hello,

I'm working in an educational environment and am tasked to find a bug/issue tracker. We have Active Directory/LDAP authentication for various web services in place for students, teachers and administrators.

I see that MantisBT supports LDAP authentication, which is great. According to https://www.mantisbt.org/wiki/doku.php/ ... _directory the LDAP authentication can retrieve password and email address for users. For our scenario, we'd also like to retrieve the user's role via LDAP:

- students should be able to file issues. They should only be able to view their own issues.
- teachers should in addition be able to view all issues.
- administrators should be able to access all system functionality.

Can something similar to this be achieved via configuration of a vanilla MantisBT release? I'm not sure this is MantisBT's feature set.

Thanks!
cas

Re: LDAP auth, user roles

Post by cas »

No, this is not available AFAIK, but you could achieve that by creating a plugin.
maik

Post by maik »

Okay, thanks for your kind reply! I wonder if what we're looking for is actually a "support ticket system", not a a "bug tracker" :wink:
cas

Post by cas »

We use it as a support ticket system and this works very good. Lot's of plugins are vailable to increase functionality :D