Installation fails "Application Error"

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Ray87

Installation fails "Application Error"

Post by Ray87 »

Hi everyone,

i would like to set up mantisbt as our "ticketsystem" at work, but i have a lot of troubles to start the installation. As i am quite a noob at setting up a server from 0, i try to give you the best informations that i can. So what is the situation:

We use Debain 9
Apache 2 is running
PHP 7.0 is installed and running
mySQL is running too

I can reach the install.php site of mantis.I enter all information (localhost/DB root with the password/etc.), but afterwards i receive an "internal application error". Afterwards i do the check, which is within the admin folder. One test fails:

The current database type is set to mysqli. The version of PHP installed on this server does not have support for this database type.

ok... so sqli seems to be the problem. But after 2 days of google searching, trying, installing, removing, repeat the whole thing from the start, i do'nt know what else i can do. How can i enable sqli within php 7.0?
cas

Re: Installation fails "Application Error"

Post by cas »

Luckily that is not too difficult. Open up php.ini and enable the mysqli extenstionm.
Mostlikeley the line containing this reference to php_myslqi has a semi-colon on position1.
Now remove the semicolon, save the file and restart apache2.
Now you should be fine :mrgreen:

Be aware, in order to find the correct php.ini file, do the following:
Create a script called test.php with the following content:
<?php
phpinfo();
Copy this file to the web root of your server and execute this script.
In ythe ouput you will see the location of the php.ini file in use. This is the one you need to adjust as described above.
Ray87

Post by Ray87 »

First of all thanks for the fast reply!

That was one of the things i found in the web. I've already tried that with no success. Nevertheless i tried it again (changes to the php.ini are attached). As far as i know the .dll extension just works within windows? The .so extension was inserted by myself (found that advise somewhere at github i think). Is there anything else to change or should there be something else?

Saved the file, restarted apache - still the same sqli failure as before...
Attachments
php_ini.PNG
php_ini.PNG (28.19 KiB) Viewed 5443 times
cas

Post by cas »

Perhaps mysqli is not installe don your system.
So try to install on debian with:
sudo apt-get install php7.0-mysqli
Ray87

Post by Ray87 »

Tried that too, but in return i get the following message:

»php7.0-mysql« will be used instead of »php7.0-mysqli« (original message is in german^^)

There are a couple of php package (e.g.: mysql, fpm, mbstring, ...) but sqli is missing :?
Ray87

Post by Ray87 »

Some good & bad news about my issue:

What i've changed now is that i've upgraded to another php version (7.3). FINALLY php supports sqli - no more erros about that.

But now i have the next problem with the installation:

Attempting to connect to database as admin: "Does administrative user have access to the database? ( Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' )"

I did not created a DB user for mantis, therfore i use root in booth installation options - username & admin username. Password is definitly correct, just tried it directly on the server to log in as root into the DB.