Mantis BT automatic backup on the cloud

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

gstoyanov

Mantis BT automatic backup on the cloud

Post by gstoyanov »

I have installed recently Mantis Bug Tracker and I am really happy with it. I have managed to configure it to fit with my requirements and then I looked for a way to backup it and found no easy way to do that. That is why I have written a couple of scripts which are doing exactly that and I have published them on my Github repo along with a very lengthy and detailed README.md file explaining what these scripts are doing.

My scripts are written in BASH and they should work on any *NIX based system but I have tested them so far only on Ubuntu. They are backing up the following directories/files:
  • Mantis database using mysqldump
  • The web server config file
  • scripts/ and config/ directories
  • The backup scripts with their modifications
The scripts are creating backup of the above-listed files/directories, compress them and compare the md5sum of the new backup and the old one. If the md5sum is different then it uploads them to a previously configured cloud storage using rclone.

Am I missing something from this list? Do I need to backup up any other directory in order to be sure that in case of a problem with the server I can easily re-deploy it on another machine using only the backup files?

Feel free to check my Github repo for more details.