History doesn't show everything (any more?)

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

mlcrane

History doesn't show everything (any more?)

Post by mlcrane »

Hi

It has been noticed that history isn't showing everything anymore. I'm pretty sure that once upon a time, the history of an issue would show you every operation that occurred against an issue, but now it appears to be hiding items.

Direct "for instance": one of our users was looking at an issue. Another user deleted one of their notes associated with the issue, and the first users view of the issue history made no mention whatsoever of the note being deleted.

I've checked the database, all the history lines are there, so something (history_api.php at a guess) is deliberately not returning everything up the chain to bug_view. The really weird thing (from my viewpoint) is that my account is "administrator", and I can't just see everything in the history (like, I can understand maybe hiding some operations from some users, but surely administrator should see everything?)

We're running 1.3.13 (with some local changes), but I've tested in 1.3.10 (stock) and 2.2.1 (stock) and all are exhibiting the same behaviour. Is this something we've messed up in our config over the many years we've been using MantisBT, or something more fundamental?
atrol
Site Admin

Re: History doesn't show everything (any more?)

Post by atrol »

Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
mlcrane

Post by mlcrane »

[strike]Just to keep everyone "in the loop", I'm having a fiddle about in core/history_api.php to see if I can "fix" this for us in the short term; if I comment out the entirety of the "#bugnotes" section of history_get_event_from_row() (lines 344 to 365 in my install), the history shows everything for all users; yes, I consider this a minor victory. I'm going to start re-introducing the condition and see if I can figure out what part of it in particular causes us to stop seeing all the history.[/strike] I'd have deleted this post if I could.
Last edited by mlcrane on 26 Jan 2018, 14:32, edited 1 time in total.
mlcrane

Post by mlcrane »

atrol wrote:I assume this is your issue https://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=23031
Hi atrol.

Yes, that reads very similar. I'll see if I can add any more information to that issue (assuming I still have my login on your bugtracker).