How do I get my salt code: Please tell me exactly

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

JMOR

How do I get my salt code: Please tell me exactly

Post by JMOR »

APPLICATION ERROR #2900

For security reasons MantisBT will not operate when $g_crypto_master_salt is not specified correctly in config_inc.php or is shorter than 16 characters long.
Please use the "Back" button in your web browser to return to the previous page. There you can correct whatever problems were identified in this error or select another action. You can also click an option from the menu bar to go directly to a new section.

If I need to run a root coomand from shell; then tell me exactly how and where todo it from
rkarmann

Re: How do I get my salt code: Please tell me exactly

Post by rkarmann »

Hi,

Did you get this message after a fresh install of Mantis ?

If so, there should be a config file name config_inc.php in the /config directory. Search for $g_crypto_master_salt.

If you're not able to find the config_inc.php file, then you have to create it and the 'salt code' will be given to you after clicking the 'install/updrage' button in installation process.
Currently working on a wiki-based plugin for MantisBT 2.X. If you'd like to test it, contact me or see the plugin section.
Wesley

Post by Wesley »

Hi

Here are my experiences. Follow the instruction on this page.

https://www.mantisbt.org/docs/master-1. ... l.new.html

After you click the "install/update" button at the bottom on http://yoursite/mantisbt/admin/install.php, you should be able to see the salt key and other input parameters you used on the "install page" on the returned page, provide your configuration on the "install.php" page is correct.

This salt information is in the middle part of this returning page. It is always there if the configuration on the "install.php" page is correct.
JMOR

Post by JMOR »

Thanks....I will try that.

Happy Holidays
JMOR

Post by JMOR »

Thanks, it worked..
I had a bad download which was missing some files