Multiple e-mail addresses for one user

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

pepijng

Multiple e-mail addresses for one user

Post by pepijng »

Hi,

For a certain Mantis managed project ('XXX'), i would like to have one user with multiple email accounts. Is there a separator in the email address field for the user i should know about?

If this is just not (yet) possible, then what would be the best way to:

- email a group of people, every time ANY bug get's filed or changed in Mantis for this 'XXX' project.

Thanks a lot for your help!
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Multiple e-mail addresses for one user

Post by atrol »

Have a look at http://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=10207 where someone provided a patch for that.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
harish.kabade

Post by harish.kabade »

hi,

1)Has this issue been fixed in the latest versioons of Mantis? I am presently using 1.2.6.

I tried creating an individual user with multiple e-mail addresses,but could not receive any response to the provided e-mail address used during new account creation

Also would like to know an answer for the following:

2)In case I do have to keep multiple people informed about the status of an issue/defect , how do I do that?

Can I send reminder's to people who I need to notify about the status of the issue/defect? Would this approach work?

Would appreciate if someone can help me on these above issues please!!
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

harish.kabade wrote: 1)Has this issue been fixed in the latest versioons of Mantis? I am presently using 1.2.6.
http://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=10207 should refelect the actual state of development, which means that this feature is not available in 1.2.6
harish.kabade wrote: 2)In case I do have to keep multiple people informed about the status of an issue/defect , how do I do that?
Can I send reminder's to people who I need to notify about the status of the issue/defect? Would this approach work?
You can send a reminder (there is a link for it) or you can add users to the monitoring list. ( See section "Users monitoring this issue" when viewing an issue)
harish.kabade

Post by harish.kabade »

@Atrol- Thank you very much for the help
manokugan

Post by manokugan »

I m unable to add multiple emails to one account. Getting error as "Invalid Email Address" where the email address is valid and I included with ';' separator.
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

@manokugan, multiple emails for one account are not supported out of the box.
manokugan

Post by manokugan »

atrol wrote:@manokugan, multiple emails for one account are not supported out of the box.
But in the old Mantis (version 1.1.2 ) this is possible, so has it been removed from the latest version (The version i m using is 2.4.0)
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

manokugan wrote:But in the old Mantis (version 1.1.2 ) this is possible
Sure?
At least it was not possible in 1.1.1, see http://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=10207 and the issue hast not been set to resolved in 1.1.2.

Maybe you applied the patch which is attached to the issue to your 1.1.2 installation.
manokugan

Post by manokugan »

I m sorry, I m not sure about the patch installation since the previous installation was not done by me and I m new to the team. But I am sure about the version which is 1.1.2.
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

manokugan wrote:I m not sure about the patch installation
You could download version 1.1.2 and compare it with your installation to find out what has been changed. Maybe there are even more changes than the patch for multiple e-mail addresses.
mantis-lover

Post by mantis-lover »

We are desperate for this ability. Running very recent version (would have to look.)
Will have to leave Mantis if we cannot get this functionality.

Also needing ability of a response to a notification email to post to the issue, so they can be managed entirely from email. Do not see that here either...
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

mantis-lover wrote: Also needing ability of a response to a notification email to post to the issue, so they can be managed entirely from email.
There is a plugin for it, see https://www.mantisbt.org/wiki/doku.php/ ... lreporting
Supatra

Post by Supatra »

I m unable to add multiple emails to one account. Getting error as "Invalid Email Address" where the email address is valid and I included with ';' separator.
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

@Supatra you repeated exactly what has been told before by another user some posts earlier viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19439#p62326
The answer is still the same.