Post same issue to multiple subprojects

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

MrZZY

Post same issue to multiple subprojects

Post by MrZZY »

I use Mantis 1.3.0 to track issues into about 150 publications. These are split into two main projects "current publications" and "discontinued publications", with each having around 75 sub projects in each. As publications are discontinued they are migrated to "discontinued publications" from "current publications" (I assume that's self explanatory!). So from a project and subproject point of view, it looks something like this.

"Current Publications"
> Book 4
> Book 5
> Book 6
"Discontinued Publications"
> Book 1
> Book 2
> Book 3

Our distributor details have changed recently, and so each book needs to be updated as it comes up for reprint (there isn't time to do them all in one go).

Is there a way to create an issue (such as "Update distributor info") and then have it copied, as separate items, to every subproject, so that each one can be tracked to see if the issue has been completed for that particular publication.

As it stands at the moment it looks like I have to create the same (similar) issue 75 times, once for each subproject.
dregad
Developer

Re: Post same issue to multiple subprojects

Post by dregad »

it looks like I have to create the same (similar) issue 75 times, once for each subproject
Yep, this is it. There is a clone button which may help somewhat.

Considering the volume, you may want to try writing a quick script to do this via the REST API .
cas

Re: Post same issue to multiple subprojects

Post by cas »

Ör create a small plugin to allow to copy the issue to a list of projects...... :mrgreen: