MantisGraph with modified priority/severity enum strings

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

nolankam

MantisGraph with modified priority/severity enum strings

Post by nolankam »

Hi all

I am using the packaged version of Mantis by Bitnami(2.18.0) running on AWS (Apache ver 2.4.37, lego ver 1.2.1, MySQL ver 5.7.24, PHP ver 7.1.24, OpenSSL ver 1.0.2q)

Modified the enum strings for priority ($g_priority_enum_string) and severity ($g_severity_enum_string ) with new values needed in my project and it was set as a global variable ("All Projects")

Installed the MantisGraph plugin; however the charts for Severity and Priority still shows the legends for the original values and of course, nothing is being displayed.

I had also looked into the php files under the plugins (/mantis/htdocs/plugins/MantisGraph/pages), specifically the severity_graph.php and priority_graph.php. The values are stored under $t_metrics and it reads from "severity_enum_string". However, the $t_series_name read from "bug". I had tried to change it to read from severity enum string but no dice.

Any idea how to change it? The charts are basically useless as it stands now.
atrol
Site Admin

Re: MantisGraph with modified priority/severity enum strings

Post by atrol »

I assume you missed to set $s_priority_enum_string and $s_severity_enum_string
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
nolankam

Post by nolankam »

Thanks, it is working now. :D

I created the custom_string_inc.php file in the /config folder and included the two strings above and it is working now.

I would like to understand, what is the difference between this step and inserting the configurations (priority_enum_string, severity_enum_string) which I did under Manage ->Manage Configuration->Configuration Report
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

You have to set $g_priority_enum_string (in config_inc.php or database configuration) and $s_priority_enum_string.
$s_priority_enum_string is used in this case to be able to provide localized strings for priority.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
nolankam

Post by nolankam »

Thanks. :D