Plugin to report on sent emails?

General discussion about MantisBT Plugins

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Starbuck

Plugin to report on sent emails?

Post by Starbuck »

Before I write something new, I'm checking to see if this already exists.

I'm sometimes not sure if an email is sent to a user based on current details. We need to keep email logging on at all times (LOG_EMAIL_RECIPIENT) so that I can check the log to see what was queued. The log data is available in the server but to my knowledge it's not available to the UI. Is anyone aware of an existing plugin or setting that does render the log of sent emails?

I know that with the $g_debug_email setting we can get a BCC of every email that's sent. While anyone who can receive that BCC (IMAP mailbox, list, etc) has access to the information, that data is still not in the MantisBT UI. While perhaps techno-overkill, I was thinking I could have these emails sent to a mailbox that's then retrieved by the EmailReporting plugin, customize that to recognize these special emails, and update a single private ticket (maybe a new one created each month) with a new comment about the email. I'd then have to automate deletion of these informational tickets.

Does anyone have a related suggestion? Thanks.
If you want Mantis to work differently, use or create a plugin. Visit the Plugins forums.
Ask developers to create a plugin that you need - and motivate them to help you!
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Plugin to report on sent emails?

Post by atrol »

Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
Starbuck

Re: Plugin to report on sent emails?

Post by Starbuck »

:oops: Shaking my head in shame. I should have considered that one. Thanks.
If you want Mantis to work differently, use or create a plugin. Visit the Plugins forums.
Ask developers to create a plugin that you need - and motivate them to help you!