Kanban/Scrum plugins for v2.x

General discussion about MantisBT Plugins

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

cbspencer

Kanban/Scrum plugins for v2.x

Post by cbspencer »

Are there any Kanban or scrum board plugins which work for v2.x?

I've tried everything I could find and their either aren't supported in 2.x (can't enable) or just don't work in 2.x (can enable but don't work).

We used to use the Scrumboard plugin, which worked in 1.2.x, but we've recently upgraded to 2.11.1 and we can't find any such plugin that works.
Starbuck

Re: Kanban/Scrum plugins for v2.x

Post by Starbuck »

The nature of FOSS is that it's community maintained. If you're running in a Kanban/Scrum shop then you have a business case to look beyond "installed it, don't work". If you have developers there, consider asking them to look at the plugin. Try to identify exactly what doesn't work so that someone there or here can help you to get the functionality you need. If you can initiate a collaborative effort, we all win.

To be clear, which of these plugins are we discussing? Yeah, some of that stuff wasn't ported to v2, so if you want that functionality, you'll have to help to bring it up to speed. The scrum plugin should work in 2.x. If not then a bug needs to be corrected.

If you don't have developer resources there, please consult with your management. You have a business need. The software here is "free as in beer" and "free as in open/liberty", so you have a headstart. But the labor of others will probably not be offered for "free as in beer" to update it for your business need. I don't know what business you're in but perhaps you could offer someone motivation to help you get what you need. Consider cash, pizza, coffee, a discount for your company's products or services, an invitation to some event, or an opportunity to do other work for you. Get creative.

HTH
If you want Mantis to work differently, use or create a plugin. Visit the Plugins forums.
Ask developers to create a plugin that you need - and motivate them to help you!
Starbuck

Re: Kanban/Scrum plugins for v2.x

Post by Starbuck »

BTW, there was a fairly recent edit to a fork of the Kanban plugin. That might be of use - you could install that plugin and discuss issues with that developer. There is a link to a live, functional demo of that plugin.

If that MantisKanban plugin is the one you're talking about then please ask the developer in GH issues to consider a pull request up to the primary plugin repo.

Note, I'm asking you to do this stuff, not offering to do it for you. This is FOSS. We all try to do stuff for the greater good. But since you care about this specific topic, I'm hoping you will offer to participate in the FOSS model for this plugin and business case. Thanks.
If you want Mantis to work differently, use or create a plugin. Visit the Plugins forums.
Ask developers to create a plugin that you need - and motivate them to help you!