Exchange configuration for SMTP (FROM address)

This plugin allows you to report an issue in MantisBT by sending an email to a particular mail account

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Petee102

Exchange configuration for SMTP (FROM address)

Post by Petee102 »

Hi,

I have a problem with Exchange configuration in SMTP area. My login uses internal domain - something like alias@company.local. And all emails sent show up as sent FROM alias@company.local. As a result you can't reply to them - there is no .local domain.

So my question is how to force FROM email address for each account I configure. The global setting $g_from_email and $g_return_path_email in MantisBT configuration will probably cause all emails to be sent from one address. I need to be able to set differenr FROM address for each account. Any help is higly appreciated.

Mantis 1.2.15
EmailReporting 0.9.0-DEV

Best regards,
Pet
SL-Gundam

Re: Exchange configuration for SMTP (FROM address)

Post by SL-Gundam »

Why would you need to set a different from address for each account? EmailReporting will verify a note against all projects, not just the project connected to the mailbox.

All you need to do is make sure that whatever the $g_from_email and $g_return_path_email are set to that that mailbox is monitored by EmailReporting so that notes are processed properly

As for the issue with the company.local email addresses. Check the default from email address for the account in question in the exchange configuration