Several Problem while configuring the Plugin

This plugin allows you to report an issue in MantisBT by sending an email to a particular mail account

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Daniel143

Several Problem while configuring the Plugin

Post by Daniel143 »

Hi,
I'm trying to configure the plugin but I'm encountering several Problems. I'm using Mantis 1.2.19 with EmailReporting-0.9.2.

First of all I can't set any Priority it always shows 'normal'. This is what we configured for Priority:
'3 (high)' => '40',
'2 (normal)' => '30',
'1 (low)' => '20',
3 => '40',
2 => '30',
1 => '20',
'low' => '20',
'normal' => '30',
'high' => '40',
'' => '30',
'?' => '30',

The Option mail_use_bug_priority is enabled.

Second is that processed emails are always deletet from the Mailbox. Even though the Option mail_delete is disabled. Any Ideas why this keeps happening?

Also is there any way to set the severity? It shows @50@ which I think is the Mantis Standard but we created other values and are not using the default values anymore.

Thank you
SL-Gundam

Re: Several Problem while configuring the Plugin

Post by SL-Gundam »

The default severity is taken from default_bug_severity in the MantisBT config_inc.php
You cannot set this one only for EmailReporting

As for the delete email issue. This depends on whether you use IMAP or POP3. See here: https://www.mantisbt.org/wiki/doku.php/ ... ilbox_type

The priorities are taken from email priorities. Send an email with low priority and it should be imported with low priority (same for High)
Outlook only has 3 priorities: low, normal and high. Other email clients might offer more variety
How did you try to set to priority? through the email or another method?
Daniel143

Post by Daniel143 »

Thanks for your Reply!

Regarding the problem with the deleted Mails I'm are using IMAP to get the Mails. So with IMAP the Mails are always marked deleted even with the Option mail_delete is disabled? Or am I understanding this wrong? It is essential that all Mails can be archived.

I tested the priority with Outlook 2013. I was sending different Mails with low normal and high priorities. The 'normal' priority is showing up correctly. But the 'low' and 'high' priorities are displayed with @0@ in the Tickets.
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

Make sure the emails for IMAP are never expunged. Some IMAP servers do this automatically on disconnect of a client so you will need to disable that. That way emails will stay available. Keep in mind that any other client connecting to the mailbox could also call the expunge command and remove the emails permanently
Or you need to use POP3
I'm afraid the IMAP method works a bit differently because quite often its used differently. Often users let it monitor a different folder where they drag emails into. These emails would already be read most of the time so they need to be processed as well
If you could explain why you use IMAP and not POP3 maybe i can modify EmailReporting to better suit your needs

Are you using the default priorities as they came with MantisBT of did you modify the priorities available?
Just to be sure an extra check was added
https://github.com/mantisbt-plugins/Ema ... 88833d8e4a

Please use the "Complete test" to see whether any errors are shown while processing an email where it should process the priority
Daniel143

Post by Daniel143 »

I'm using IMAP because quite a few people are using this Mailaccount and I need the Plugin to only read Mails from a specific subfolder. As far as I thought I needed use IMAP then.
Can I also define a subfolder where the plugin reads from for pop3?

I'm using the default priorities but they are translated into german though. I just tested again with 'high' 'normal' 'low' priorities via Outlook. This is what I get for the 'high' and 'low':

Code: Select all

Mailbox: Test
Message: Unknown priority encountered (1 (highest)). Falling back to default priority
Mailbox: Test
Message: Unknown priority encountered (5 (lowest)). Falling back to default priority
The 'normal' Ticket is displayed right. The other two Tickets are also displayed with 'normal' priority.
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

POP3 only reads INBOX folder so yes you need to use IMAP for alternative folders

As for priorities. The error says it all
These are the default email priorities mapped to MantisBT priorities as they come with EmailReporting

'5 (lowest)'	=> '10',
'4 (low)'		=> '20',
'3 (normal)'	=> '30',
'2 (high)'		=> '40',
'1 (highest)'	=> '50',
5		=> '20',
4		=> '20',
3		=> '30',
2		=> '40',
1		=> '50',
0		=> '10',
'low'			=> '20',
'normal'		=> '30',
'high'			=> '40',
''		=> '30',
'?'		=> '30',
This is what you have currently set for that configuration option

'3 (high)' => '40',
'2 (normal)' => '30',
'1 (low)' => '20',
3 => '40',
2 => '30',
1 => '20',
'low' => '20',
'normal' => '30',
'high' => '40',
'' => '30',
'?' => '30',
Outlooks high priority is actually "1 (highest)" and the low priority is "5 (lowest)". Which means that since you've removed those entries, the priority cannot be processed properly

I suggest you reset the setting back to the default and everything should work as required.