Emailreporting plugin Configuration

This plugin allows you to report an issue in MantisBT by sending an email to a particular mail account

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

NandoNaldo

Emailreporting plugin Configuration

Post by NandoNaldo »

Hi all, and thanks for the help.

I just installed MantisBT and Emailreporting plugin. But I can not configure any mailbox , it seems as if the options do not appear fully, the product is cut , and neither appears Save button.

Thanks for the help

MantisBT Version 1.2.19
Schema Version 183
Email plugin 0.9.0

Attach the Error
Attachments
Email Reporting.jpg
Email Reporting.jpg (41.78 KiB) Viewed 18289 times
SL-Gundam

Re: Emailreporting plugin Configuration

Post by SL-Gundam »

The save button is called "add" or "edit" etc. based on the action you are trying to perform

Based on the screenshot you've succeeded in adding a mailbox but it fails the test. Usually the error you have now occurs either with incompatibilities with the IMAP server or when encryption is required
What IMAP server software are you using?
NandoNaldo

Post by NandoNaldo »

I'm using microsoft exchange
NandoNaldo

Post by NandoNaldo »

The Firewall is OK because we have configured our Exchange Server before for another application.
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

I've tested IMAP towards Exchange 2010. It should work... with the proper settings of course

Set the authentication method to USER
Connection encryption please try STARTTLS. If that does not work try the other encryption options
Don't fill in a portnumber. Let EmailReporting decide the proper port number (only applicable if Exchange is using default ports for the IMAP service)
NandoNaldo

Post by NandoNaldo »

Hello, i tried evry possible configuration regarding to IMAP, and every time i have the same error ( attach)
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (15.15 KiB) Viewed 18226 times
NandoNaldo

Post by NandoNaldo »

I think that this problem (above) is solved, but now i have another error: Mailbox disabled
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

The first option for the mailbox options disables and enables a mailbox. Set it to Yes to enable the mailbox in question

https://www.mantisbt.org/wiki/doku.php/ ... ng#enabled

What was the fix for the previous error?
NandoNaldo

Post by NandoNaldo »

Sorry bother you again.

I was hopping to resolve the previus error but i can't. Still i can't understand what is going on.

I compile the filds, i click on: TEST than SELECT MAILBOX ( Select mailbox [?] * = Disabled; so select mailbox is everytime empty). Than i click again TEST, and everything is disperse

If i set Enabled : Yes, everything is disperse .If i set Enabled : NO, i have this Message: Mailbox disabled

At this point i have a question: Does the messagge: ".....you need to add a scheduled job which runs a script...." has to do with this ? I started to see most of the posts on forum. Somebody talked about bug_report_mail.php.

Any help please?

Thnx
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

Don't be sorry thats what i'm here for

Alright do the following

1. Select the "Edit" radiobutton
2. Select the mailbox you want to edit.
3. Click on "Select mailbox"
4. Modify anything you feel necessary (Like the "enabled" option, set it to "Yes")
5. Click on the "Edit" button

Now you've modified the mailbox and it has been saved

As for testing.
When the form shows you the mailbox you want to test, you can modify settings as needed but they will not be saved. They will be used for the test you are about to perform though. This way you can easily test different settings

The Select mailbox dropdown box is probably not empty as otherwise only the "Add" option would be availble. I expect you added a mailbox with an empty description. Either edit or delete it

As for the scheduled job (scripts/bug_report_mail.php), once you've found a mailbox setup that works, you are required to setup a scheduled job so that EmailReporting can periodically read the mailbox for new emails. Check the readme for more information about this.
For more information check the readme about setting this up
Or you can check this page for "Sending the Emails" and "Using the Windows Task Scheduler". This one is for MantisBT but the setup for EmailReporting is pretty much the same except you are calling another script: https://www.mantisbt.org/wiki/doku.php/ ... il_queuing
NandoNaldo

Post by NandoNaldo »

After i set all the settings, i have this error
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (15.15 KiB) Viewed 18126 times
Is there any option where we can find a log in the Mantis, so i can now what happen any time i try to make a test ?
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

Usually i advise people with issues like yours to test the POP3 or IMAP using telnet (for example: http://www.anta.net/misc/telnet-trouble ... imap.shtml)

With Exchange i've noticed several issues in the past where it did not support some IMAP commands. Version 0.9.0 should already work around those issues. But that was tested on Exchange 2010. Who knows what other issues other Exchange versions have

Also it might be that IMAP is not fully enabled yet. Can you connect properly with a email client that accesses the Exchange server through IMAP? I suggest testing with another client then outlook since outlook prefers accessing Exchange though MAPI
NandoNaldo

Post by NandoNaldo »

I have another question: Should i modify the config_inc.php file, before ?
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

That depends on what it is you want to change in config_inc.php
NandoNaldo

Post by NandoNaldo »

Hello, it's me again :)

After varius configurations ( about mail setting in the config file) i made a test but this time the test doesn't show any error

In the config file, how this two options should be configured ?

$g_from_email
$g_return_path_email

How this can be explained ?