Saving under "Manage Configuration Options" yields error

This plugin allows you to report an issue in MantisBT by sending an email to a particular mail account

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

daisukepr

Saving under "Manage Configuration Options" yields error

Post by daisukepr »

With SL-Gundam's help, I was able to install the EmailReporting plugin, but now when I modify the "Manage Configuration Options" and click Update Configuration, the page changes to a white background page that says:

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /mantisbt/plugin.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks!
daisukepr

Re: Saving under "Manage Configuration Options" yields error

Post by daisukepr »

It looks like I may have found the source of the error, or at least a workaround. The "Save email contents to this directory if debug mode is activated [?]" field defaulted to "tmp/mantis" but said no directory existed, so I created the directory, then changed the field to "mantis" and saving didn't yield an error.
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

This is a weird one as i've tried changing said value and seeing if a non-existing directory would generate errors but everything works fine
Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /mantisbt/plugin.php could not be found on this server.
This suggests plugin.php could not be found which is weird as thats a part of MantisBT. In theory this could be part of some kind of protection or hardening extension for either the webserver or PHP but i cannot be sure
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
This suggests a misconfiguration in your web server

If you find any more information i will investigate further
daisukepr

Post by daisukepr »

Definitely strange. After I created the "tmp/mantis" directory, then changed the field to "mantis" and saved, it not only didn't yield an error, but it gave a different, longer (more appropriate to the webserver) path.
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

Thats because relative paths are converted to absolute paths