getting started

This plugin allows you to report an issue in MantisBT by sending an email to a particular mail account

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

david_stephensen

getting started

Post by david_stephensen »

I have Mantis 1.2.15

I studied the documentation and read forum articles and I saw the warning that 0.9.0-DEV is not intended for production

I went to the GitHub link for 0.9.0 (corresponding to my version of Mantis) and downloaded and installed the only version I could find. It turned out to be 0.9.0-Dev and Mantis said that it needed an update. I tried to update it but that did not work. I uninstalled it

I read some forum articles that said we should use 0.9.0-DEV.

Question 1 - Should we use the latest commit of 0.9.0-DEV avalable from the GitHub link?

Question 2 - Can we ignore Mantis saying that it needs an update of this plugin?

Thanks for your help and patience.
SL-Gundam

Re: getting started

Post by SL-Gundam »

0.9.0-DEV is the one i'd use in MantisBT 1.2.6 and higher. It might be a bit more susceptible to bugs but they are often quickly fixed

The update is most likely because of a recent change we made to the EmailReporting plugin. That update includes changes to the database. Logically database alter rights are required for this for the database user that connects to the database (see mantisbt configuration file).

Usually said updates are applied by MantisBT upon installation of the plugin. Have you clicked [Install] on the manage plugins page?

So in short: Yes to update notification is something that you need to fix otherwise the plugin will not work. MantisBT will not load plugins that have updates to be performed
david_stephensen

Re: getting started

Post by david_stephensen »

Thank you for your help, SL-Gundam. I'm going to be absent from this issue for a little while, but I need to resolve it and I'll pick it up again soon.