Add User button not appearing

This plugin allows you to report an issue in MantisBT by sending an email to a particular mail account

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

ursip

Add User button not appearing

Post by ursip »

I have tested Emailreporting on Mantis 1.2.11 core on my pc and it seems to be working fine. When I deploy to our productive environment however some things are not working properly.

For example in the add user screen, Not all fields are displayed and I cannot see the 'add user' button. I have attached a screenshot of what I see.

The only difference I see is between my local version and the productive server is the php version. The productive server is using PHP Version 5.4.4-14+deb7u9.

Has anyone else had this problem before?

Thanks
Attachments
Screenshot
Screenshot
Screenshot.png (27.41 KiB) Viewed 9261 times
SL-Gundam

Re: Add User button not appearing

Post by SL-Gundam »

you mean add mailbox screen?

The Authentication methods dropdown box is empty.

This would suggest that a coding error was encountered. Please download the latest version from github: https://github.com/mantisbt-plugins/EmailReporting
Overwrite all files in the plugins/emailreporting folders
ursip

Post by ursip »

I reinstalled the plugin with the latest version and get the same results.

I also assumed that a coding error was the problem. that's why I thought the PHP version might be relevant here.

Another possibility might be the configuration of mantis that might cause issues. I have checked our config file and the only thing I see that could be relevant is this:
$g_use_javascript = OFF;
Think that might cause problems here?

Thanks
Best regards,

Philip
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

it shouldn't but who knows.

Let's add some extra error handling so that we can figure this out. Please add or modify the following settings in the MantisBT config_inc.php file

Code: Select all

$g_show_detailed_errors	= ON;

$g_display_errors = array(
	E_WARNING => 'halt',
	E_NOTICE => 'halt',
	E_USER_ERROR => 'halt',
	E_USER_WARNING => 'halt',
	E_USER_NOTICE => 'halt'
);

$g_stop_on_errors		= ON;
ursip

Post by ursip »

I checked and I get the following error:

SYSTEM WARNING

'require_once(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/share/php/Net/Socket.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/vftp/tvc/XXX:/tmp)' in '/home/vftp/tvc/XXX/plugins/EmailReporting/core_pear/Net/POP3.php' line 38

It seems to me that this has something to do with the folder authorizations on OS level. What do you think?
Best regards,

Philip
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

You have a pear repository that is not included in your open_basedir restriction

See: http://php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.open-basedir.

Either
1. remove your pear repository so that EmailReporting will use the one provided by itself
2. add your pear repository to the open_basedir access list so that EmailReporting can use it properly.

Choose 1 if you do not keep your pear repository up2date otherwise choose 2