Cant make work EmailReporting Plugin

This plugin allows you to report an issue in MantisBT by sending an email to a particular mail account

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

wago80@yahoo.com.ar

Cant make work EmailReporting Plugin

Post by wago80@yahoo.com.ar »

Hi, I have a problem with the EmailReporting Plugin.

I have a Windows server with a XAMPP web server which is runing MantisBT 1.2.17 perfectly (we have been using it for months). I tried to add the plugin to submit bugs from an mail account but it coudnt make it work.

These are the steps I followed:

1. Download the plugin and put it in the plugins folder of the mantis (C:\xampp\htdocs\mantisbt-dir\plugins\EmailReporting)
2. I wento to the mantis web interphase and I saw it there so I clicked and went to "Manage Mailboxes" to set up an email account (a corporative account called mantisreport@xxx.ccc) with this data:
Name: Test | Type: POP3 | Hostname: the IP of an exchange server | Port: empty | username and password: username and password of the account (as I entered on Outlook Web Access) | autentication: USER
3. Then I create a scheduled task on windows to run the file C:\xampp\htdocs\mantis-dir\plugins\EmailReporting\scripts\bug_report_mail.php

I tested it sending an email to mantisreport@xxx.ccc (which receive the email perfectly) but I didnt find the bug report created in mantis.

Did I missed some step or leave something without configure it?

Id been reading everything but I cant make it work so thats why I asking for help.
If I can make it work I will be making a detailed manual and upload it to the forum.

Thank you!
SL-Gundam

Re: Cant make work EmailReporting Plugin

Post by SL-Gundam »

If you double click on this file "C:\xampp\htdocs\mantis-dir\plugins\EmailReporting\scripts\bug_report_mail.php" does it actually run something?

What happens when you test the mailbox set up in step 2?