IMAP.php cutting off last two chars

This plugin allows you to report an issue in MantisBT by sending an email to a particular mail account

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

mattchap

IMAP.php cutting off last two chars

Post by mattchap »

Having another issue that I've been trying to figure out for a while now - the emailreporting plugin is cutting off the last two characters of my emails.

From thunderbird (default settings), I send a mail with the body of, "This is annoying spam" - what gets written to the ticket is "This is annoying sp". This problem doesn't happen in outlook.

I believe that the problem happens somewhere in getMessages in ./EmailReporting/core_pear/Net/IMAP.php.

Thanks again. Let me know what you need to help you troubleshoot.
SL-Gundam

Re: IMAP.php cutting off last two chars

Post by SL-Gundam »

pear packages are what they are. EmailReporting only uses them we do not maintain them.

Having said that, what version of EmailReporting are you running?
I'm asking because one of the pear packages had a similar problem in the past and that was fixed with a new version of the pear package.

Please make sure you are running the latest version of EmailReporting and if need be maintain your own pear library so that you always have the latest version
mattchap

Post by mattchap »

I'm using the version you updated about a week ago, so either it's not fixed, or it's a different problem. I don't think it'll be an end-all problem. If you have any suggestions, I'd be curious to try them,though.
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

Could you please activate debug mode and upload the rawmsg file that will be created when you process an email
mattchap

Post by mattchap »

I just revisited this - the problem was that in /usr/share/php5/PEAR/Net had a version of IMAP.php and IMAPProtocol.php from 2012, which was broken.

Can mail_api.php be changed in git to reflect the plugin's PEAR version instead of the one in /usr/share/php5?
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

At the moment local pear files take precedence over the ones delivered with EmailReporting

But i will check into this and see what we can do
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

Since we needed to add some hacks to existing pear files, now only the ones delivered with EmailReporting will be used