Configuration Email reporting plugin

This plugin allows you to report an issue in MantisBT by sending an email to a particular mail account

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

kevin_kino

Configuration Email reporting plugin

Post by kevin_kino »

Hi everybody,

I'm a young developper, and for my training school I'd to install some plugin in mantis.
I downloaded Email Reporting 0.9.0-DEV, copy it into mantis, and install it. Up to here, no problem... But for the configurtion, I have some trouble.

For the configuration I do this :

Enabled : YES
Description : Gmail Test Mailbox
Mailbox type : POP3
TCP Port : (still blank)
Connection encryption : SSL
Username : MyMailAddress@gmail.com
Password : ********
Authentification method : USER

And of course, on my Gmail account I activated de POP protocol.

And when I go to the Test section for Email Reporting, an error message appears :

Operation NOT successful

Description: Gmail Test Mailbox
Mailbox type: POP3
Hostname: ssl://pop.gmail.com
TCP port (optional): 995
Connection encryption: SSL
Username: MyMailAddress@gmail.com
Password: ******
Authentication method: USER

Is that someone can help me ? I've no idea what to do to fix this problem.

Greats,

Kevin
SL-Gundam

Re: Configuration Email reporting plugin

Post by SL-Gundam »

I've got good news and bad news

Good news is as far as i can see everything you've set up is correct. So no issue there

Bad news is it is still not working for you :(

I tested this on my system just to be sure and everything works for me without issue

I suggest you check the POP3 functionality of your gmail account using an email client (not the webmail client) just to be sure, though i expect this to not be the issue.

It's likely that a firewall is blocking the connection to the internet for the apache, IIS or PHP process which wants to connect to pop.gmail.com

Just for reference. If the connection would have failed because you have not enabled POP3 access to your gmail account, this would have been the error: [pear_error: message="-ERR [SYS/PERM] Your account is not enabled for POP access. Please visit your Gmail settings page and enable your account for POP access." code=-1 mode=return level=notice prefix="" info=""]
kevin_kino

Re: Configuration Email reporting plugin

Post by kevin_kino »

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

It's propably a blocked port on the firewall, Mantis is not on my local computer, I'd to work on a Linux server via WinSCP, so it's maybe there the problem's source. I'll ask to the administrator about this port ( 995 ? ).

Thank you SL-Gundam,

Kevin