Report issue via Email

This plugin allows you to report an issue in MantisBT by sending an email to a particular mail account

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

safee

Report issue via Email

Post by safee »

Hi all..

I search on this topic and i have found one plugin emailreporting 0.9.0.
I refer this link also : http://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=4286

dont understand what to use...from this link..
I have right plugin and i installed it successfully in mantis.
My problem is that I dont know how to work with plugin.. by what changes and in which file have to made..?
I have everything but dont know how to use it.. :(
I just refer the document of plugin and try to configuration of manage email reporting tab. then I do not know what to do..??
My system is connected with internet..

can anyone guide me ..??

mantis version : 1.2.5
mysql : 5.0
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Report issue via Email

Post by atrol »

Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
safee

Post by safee »

Hi..

I refer link..it is same as I used to read for this plugin..
i just set mailbox for pop3 server with gmail..It is created.. with specific project and category.
then i try to test that mailbox, It gives old bug as new report as Mantis bug tracker or mail4568 reporter name and with other details.
To collect the emails from the mailboxes you need to add a scheduled job which runs a script. You can run the script from 2 locations but only option 1 will work as a scheduled job. Both perform the same tasks. See the documentation for examples on how to schedule these.

1. /mantis/plugins/EmailReporting/scripts/bug_report_mail.php
2. /mantis/plugin.php?page=EmailReporting/bug_report_mail
I dont understand where i have to write issue and how it is add in mantis? how to do scheduled job by cmd in windows ?
some steps are missing so guide me..

waiting for rly..
libregeek

Post by libregeek »

Yes, you are right. The guide misses setting up scheduled jobs, but the fact is that it's out of scope of this plugin. The steps to setup scheduled jobs is available elsewhere and that's the reason why it is not included in README.

Here is the one I got from my old bookmark collection:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308569

Please try google to get the correct instructions for your server.
safee

Post by safee »

Hi libregeek,
I just refer link given by you..

now i know that how to manage schedule task.. but can u give me reason why are we run bug_report_mail.php as schedule task?

and i am still not understand the functionality of report issue.. where we find this mailboxes and where we write reports to add in to mantis.. :(
Please try google to get the correct instructions for your server.
means what to get correct for mantis server..?? can you explain..??

thanks for rly..
libregeek

Post by libregeek »

safee wrote: but can u give me reason why are we run bug_report_mail.php as schedule task?

and i am still not understand the functionality of report issue.. where we find this mailboxes and where we write reports to add in to mantis.. :(
The EmailReporting plugin allows you to create issues in Mantis by sending an email to a particular mailbox(with IMAP/POP enabled). You have to configure the mailbox account details in EmailReporting configuration page, which is available at *Manage Plugins* page.

After configuring the mailbox in mantis, you have to setup the scheduled task(cron job) in your server. The purpose of this job is to scan the mailbox at predefined intervals and check for any new emails. If there are any new emails, then the script(bug_report_mail.php) will automatically create issues in mantis. The subject of the email will be added as the *summary* of the issue and the body of the message will be added as the *description*.
safee wrote: means what to get correct for mantis server..?? can you explain..??
I just meant that the link I posted earlier is for Windows XP and you have to find the instructions for your server version.

Hope this helps you.
marcrothberg

Post by marcrothberg »

Is there a way to have custom fields populated from the email reporting? I have a case number field that is required entry, right now I have to manually update this from the email reported issue.
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

Not yet unless the custom field contains a contains a default value, in which case it will be filled with that default value.

But a rules system is being developed which will allow among other things to fill custom fields. I'll try to find a way to incorporate your wish
marcrothberg

Post by marcrothberg »

Thank you for the quick response! You Rock! 8) :mrgreen:
marcrothberg

Post by marcrothberg »

So I have an email being generated from a CRM website where my company records customer calls refering to bugs in our software. This generated Email can have the data required for my two custom fields on the report that refer to the ticket number on the CRM webistre and the ticket link. This email is then sent to the Mantis mailbox (a rule system sorts them to the correct project folder). From here when the bug reports are generated, what would I need to put into the rule system configuration under the custom fields, as well as what would need to be put on the generated email (from the CRM webiste) in front of the needed data so that the rule system recognizes that these fields are to be populated with the sepcified data?
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

The rule system in 0.9.0-DEV is non-functional. Please wait for the final release

Currently there is only one method available to populate data based on emails and thats writing your own plugin for mantisbt which hooks into events from emailreporting
Reinder

Post by Reinder »

Where is this rule system plugin? Cant seem to find it anywhere?

Is there a way already where you can fill specific fields with content from the mail? That would indeed be nice since there are some mandatory fields that need to be filled.

Anyone has an update?
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

the framework is in the 0.9.0-DEV but its not usable as it does nothing as of yet
Reinder

Post by Reinder »

is there any indication on when this is finished or a beta is available? Cause I kind of need it :-)
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

Its a lot more work then i initially expected and since i'm working on it whenever i have free time (which is not a awful lot) i really could not say

But you could always write your own plugin and hook it into the events in EmailReporting