View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0031905||mantisbt||attachments||public||2023-01-17 13:48||2023-02-04 17:34|
|Status||closed||Resolution||no change required|
|Platform||Apache on Windows||OS||Windows Server 2012|
|Summary||0031905: Changes to $g_allowed_files are being ignored|
After installing Mantis, some file extensions were allowed, and that worked just fine, however, after changing $g_allowed_files a couple of days, the new changes aren't being applied at all, new allowed extensions added keep getting rejected and newly removed extensions keep getting allowed.
Restarting apache did not fix this, neither did restarting the entire server, clearing browser data on the client-side also did not fix this
|Steps To Reproduce|
Define allowed extensions $g_allowed_files, then change the $g_allowed_files variable
On the configuration, zip and pfx files were allowed, however, the configuration being loaded is exactly the old one, which do not include these 2 extensions. The actual upload matches the configuration that the browser is loading, zip and pfx files do not get uploaded, despite being allowed in the configuration. I also tried removing pdf from the $g_allowed_files variables but after that it still would get uploaded no problem
|Tags||No tags attached.|
One more thing which I forgot to mention, I also swapped the position of jpg and jpeg, that is why they are different in the configuration and the browser loaded allowed types, this change also got ignored
Not sure you're aware, but this configuration can be set on a per-project basis, so most likely you have it overridden in your database.
Please check the current value in the Manage Configuration / Configuration Report page.
I did not have that configuration on the database, but adding it there fixed the problem. I would think it is still an issue - considering it was not in the database before - but if it can be fixed in this way, it becomes a very minor one, thank you.
This looks like you are changing the wrong file, or a PHP Opcache issue.
All this time I have been editing a backup of the file instead of the file itself. I am sorry for wasting your time