MantisBT 2.7.0: attach file to already existing issue

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

atgfehqyzsulxwkjodtm

MantisBT 2.7.0: attach file to already existing issue

Post by atgfehqyzsulxwkjodtm »

Hi all,

This is probably a very simple thing and I am missing something but I can't find any way to do this.

I have an already entered issue and now want to attach a new log to the issue. I can't find any way to do this on the "View Issue" page. When I create an issue, it gives me the opportunity to attach a file but nothing either on the issue page or in the add note page. I would be happy with being able to add it to the issue globally or to any particular new note, but can't.

I looked over the bugs for this kind of thing in the bug tracker for Mantis itself, and see that this seems to have been addressed, but can't find any of the configuration issues that need to be there, at least no defaults.

Is this a configuration issue that I need to activate? .. or is this something that is not possible? Thanks.
atrol
Site Admin

Re: MantisBT 2.7.0: attach file to already existing issue

Post by atrol »

Could you attach a screen shot of your "View Issue" page?
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
atgfehqyzsulxwkjodtm

MantisBT View Issues - Redacted.PNG
MantisBT View Issues - Redacted.PNG (96.59 KiB) Viewed 10916 times
Thanks for the reply. I've attached a screen shot with all my project and personal information redacted. Hopefully this will help? Please advise.
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

atgfehqyzsulxwkjodtm wrote:I can't find any way to do this on the "View Issue" page.
Are you talking about "View Issues" page (many issues), but not the "View Issue" page (single issue)?
atgfehqyzsulxwkjodtm

MantisBT View Issue - Redacted.PNG
MantisBT View Issue - Redacted.PNG (93.69 KiB) Viewed 10906 times
Yes, my mistake. It makes sense that it would be the individual "View Issue". Here is a redacted image of an existing issue to which I want to attach a file. As you can see (unless I am really missing something), there is no way to attach anything to this issue. Going into the Edit issue doesn't show any way to do this either (I can create an image of that page if you need as well).
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

Did you change setting $g_allow_reporter_upload or $g_upload_bug_file_threshold?

Check settings for attachments on page Manage > Manage Configuration > Permission Report

If all is fine, check that you have file_uploads enabled in your PHP configuration (php.ini)
Run also admin/check/index.php where you might see messages for that.
atgfehqyzsulxwkjodtm

Thanks for the reply.

No changes to default of either of those two settings. Permissions allow me to upload attachments. Not sure if I have file_uploads enabled in php.ini as this is controlled by the hosting admin, but it seems logical that it is since the listing of the max file upload size in the read only php config options in cPanel shows 2gb. It is possible that this may in fact be off but i would have to contact the admin to verify, and I will if you have no other ideas. admin/check/index.php shows no warnings for attachments.

No joy.
atgfehqyzsulxwkjodtm

Since I can attach/upload files when I report a new issue, doesn't this mean that file_upload is enabled in the web hosting's php.ini configuration? If so, then I still have this problem of not being able to attach any files to an issue after it is reported. Please advise.
Last edited by atgfehqyzsulxwkjodtm on 03 Nov 2017, 22:56, edited 1 time in total.
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

Have you set $g_default_bugnote_view_status to VS_PRIVATE ?
atgfehqyzsulxwkjodtm

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have this set to VS_PRIVATE. I need everything to be private. Is this the problem? If so, what is my work around?
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

Attachments can't be private
https://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=22817
https://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=9802

You have to uncheck the "private" check box to see the attachment section.
atgfehqyzsulxwkjodtm wrote:I need everything to be private.
Are you sure you need private notes for that?
Maybe you don't know the meaning of private projects and private issues.
atgfehqyzsulxwkjodtm

Hi, and thanks for your patience. I completely misunderstood a bunch of things and now realize why my problem was so hard to explain. My overriding concern was to make sure that our Mantis content was not viewable by anybody that we did not give a log in to, and I see now that making sure that anonymous use is disabled (as it is by default) and eliminating the signup option at the login page is all I needed to do.

The public/private attribute is for restricting access to authenticated users (including anonymous if enabled) at different levels. For my use, I can make all public since the only ones that can get in in the first place must have login ids. This is all explained in the docs and it is on me that I misunderstood all of this.

Again, thanks for your help and apologies for the noise.
mynameispaulie

Post by mynameispaulie »

I had this same issue and eventually realized that I could drag files to the Add Note text box, and the file would get uploaded when hitting 'Add Note'. However, it wasn't ideal not having any confirmation of the file upload and certainly is not at all intuitive to my users.

It seems I also misinterpreted the need to make everything PRIVATE so the suggestion of changing $g_default_bugnote_view_status back to VS_PUBLIC worked for me and caused the Upload File section inside Add Note to return given as mentioned attachments cannot be PRIVATE.