Time Tracking plugin reborn

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

AbsolutelyFreeWeb

Re: Time Tracking plugin reborn

Post by AbsolutelyFreeWeb »

Here is my fork with the latest additons:

https://github.com/AbsolutelyFreeWeb/timetracking
Felipe

Post by Felipe »

Hi

I have been trying to setup Time Tracking into my Mantis configuration but it seems that the ""Get time tracking information" button brings no data at all.

Any ideas of what I could have been doing wrong?
Attachments
Attached Screen
Attached Screen
mantis_tt.JPG (93.18 KiB) Viewed 12858 times
mykbaker

Post by mykbaker »

It will only look for time values in the currently selected project. Are you looking for times in the Accounts Payable project you have selected in your screenshot?
Felipe

Post by Felipe »

Hi... thanks for the quick aswer...

Yes... this is the correct project!
I was looking at the data into my tables and find out that my "tracking_time" column show no data at all!

My Mantis is 1.2.5... maybe Ive forgot to setup some variable to make Mantis store this information into this column. Any tip on how can I setup this?

And what about my history logs? Can I update this column based on "created" and "last update" columns?

Thanks in advance!
mykbaker

Post by mykbaker »

This plugin uses it's own table to store the time information called mantis_plugin_TimeTracking_data_table. It sounds like you are looking for time entries in the bugnotes table?

I am using the current 1.2.8 version of mantis and the current time tracking plugin and the reports functionality is working correctly.

AbsolutelyFreeWeb, do you have any ideas why the report would not return?
Felipe

Post by Felipe »

Hi and thanks for the aswer.

Apparently the " $g_time_tracking_enabled = ON; " variable wasnt configured on my config_inc.php and probably for this reason I dont have the time tracking information stored, so theres no data for the plug-in to search.

My doubts now are:

We have a field called "time_tracking" on "mantis_bugnote_table" which (in my case) doenst have any data on the logs (its "0" ZERO for all records).

But the Time Tracking plugin also create a table named "mantis_plugin_TimeTracking_data_table" which I deduce its the main table for the functionality to store data. This table is supposed to record all the time spent on each log everytime it is updated, right?

As long as my $g_time_tracking_enabled variable will have the "ON" setup it is supposed to start storing information in both tables or just the "...TimeTracking_data_table" ?

For the old logs (I have Mantis running for some time in production) that had already been created on my database I could do an update command for each log based on the information I have on "mantis_bug_history_table" (which contains each update that each log has received).
And as a plus, MySQL database store datas as "1308345445" (example) and hours in other int format, correct?

So what Im supposed to do to install this:

1) Install the Plug In using the "plug in manager" from the Mantis UI. (as usual)
2) Setup the $g_time_tracking_enabled = ON; on the config_inc.php file.
3) Update information on the tables ("...TimeTracking_data_table" ? or "mantis_bugnote_table"?) for the old logs receive the correct information that the TimeTracking UI should search for.

Am I getting this right?

Thanks in advance, guys! This is helping a lot!

Once I have this function fully enabled in my Mantis I could help on developing new tools if the comunity needs.

PS.: I use Mantis 1.2.5 (update it to 1.2.8 will take me sometime as long as I had made a lot of adjustments on it)
mykbaker

Post by mykbaker »

Mantis has built in time tracking functionality that uses the $g_time_tracking_enabled = ON; and the time_tracking field in mantis_bugnote_table.

The TimeTracking plugin does not use either of those, it only uses the mantis_plugin_TimeTracking_data_table. The Reports in the TimeTracking plugin also only use the plugin table so they will never see the data in mantis_bugnote_table.

Sorry for the confusion.
Felipe

Post by Felipe »

Oh got it. It makes things easy. Thanks for the update.

I will reply with the results of my configuration... Thanks!
Felipe

Post by Felipe »

Ok, I manage to figure out how it works.

But i have one question. Does the Time Tracking requires people to manually input hours expended in each log or its supposed to record this by itself at each log update?
mykbaker

Post by mykbaker »

Users have to manually enter their time.

Thanks,
Mike
Felipe

Post by Felipe »

Oh then I think I made a mistake.

I was searching for one plug-in who could give me a report of the expended hours on the logs based on the usual process without the need of manually input. =/

I could do my own report If I could understand how does Mantis store data information. It seems it uses some algorithm to convert this "1319107854" into a readable date.

I check - for example - table mantis_bug_table and both date_submitted and last_update are int(10) and not timestamp. How does Mantis handle these dates?

I want to extract the information manually from those tables and create another report (using Excel or something).

Any ideas? Should I post this doubt in other topic?