How to customize the Bug Id?

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

karthik_k

How to customize the Bug Id?

Post by karthik_k »

Hai all,

1.I like to customize the bug id generating by mantis with my own name. for eg. In manits it is generating the bug id as 0000001, instead of this I like to set & generate as my own bug id like :DR/1/001. Is it possible to customize?

2. I have found problem in generating a bug id, I have posted 5 bugs for tht its genereated ID from 0000001 to 0000005 then I deleted all the five bugs. After tht I again enter a bug but it is generating from 0000006 instead of 0000001. How to reset this ?

Hope I will get a nice solutions for the above problem.

Thanx in advance.

Karthik K
Narcissus
Developer

Post by Narcissus »

1) Short answer? No. At the end of the day, Mantis needs a guranteed unique identifier and ints lend themselves nicely to this.

Another good thing is that it's easier to communicate an issue number than an issue string. Having said all that, if you absolutely must have your own 'numbering' system then you could probably use a custom field with a populating function call and then hide the normal ID from the pages.

Is there any particular reason why you do not want just plain ints?

2) Kind of related to 1). Because we need to guarantee uniqueness, the database uses auto-incrementing to keep track of the next ID to use. If you really want to reset the count, you really need to drop the database table (and possibly other tables if they are linked at all).

Hope this helps,
Lincoln.
costanm

Post by costanm »

you can set the auto increment in mantis_bug_table after you deleted the other bugs....
Nuno Ferreira da Costa