Wanted : Move child issues to another issue

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Wanted : Move child issues to another issue

Post by Guest »

Hi all...

We often use an issue to represent project milestones, and assign the required issues as children. If not all the issues make that milestone, how can we bulk move a selection of them to be children of another milestone issue? The current ability to add or delete one related issue at a time gets very cumbersome.

So my question is, what would be the feasibility of adding a checkbox beside each related issue in the list, and providing "Delete" and "Move" options for these bulk operations?

Thanks,
DJ
djcarr

Post by djcarr »

hmm, i wasn't logged in... the previous post is mine. Cheers.
Narcissus
Developer

Post by Narcissus »

At the moment you can filter on a particular relationship, so it would be quite simple to just filter that relationship then select all (easier than adding checkboxes and you ticking each appropriate one).

The slightly harder thing to do would be adding a group function of 'create relationship'. I say 'slightly harder' as it really is quite simple to do.

So short answer: yes, it would be extremely feasible to implement this functionality. Whether the dev team would want to add that, I don't know, but you could very easily do it yourself.
djcarr

Post by djcarr »

Yes, using the existing filters is a good idea and does make sense.

You would also need a group function of some sort to remove the old relationship - a dialog requesting an issue number, and then all relationships within the selected issues towards that issue are removed.

Thanks for the suggestions, cheers!
djcarr

implemented

Post by djcarr »

Hi all,

I just wanted to advise that I've implemented a solution :

- an option "Set New Parent" added to combobox in "View Issues" page
- after selecting issues (checkboxes) and hitting OK, next page loads
- on this page, can enter an issue number for the new parent
- all previous child-of relationships for these issues are deleted
- all issues are assigned child-of the new parent issue

It's a bit crude but suits our needs. If anyone wants the code, I'm happy to attach the relevant files with the changes clearly marked.
jinside

Please do attach

Post by jinside »

djcarr,

Please do attach your modifications. I am interested how you did it. I am about to have the same problem.

Thanks!

Jinside
vboctor
Site Admin

Post by vboctor »

djcar, it would be great if you can submit your implementation as a patch in the bugtracker. We can then integrate it into Mantis after doing any nececssary re-work / cleanup.

Regards,
Victor
Mantis Blog
http://www.futureware.biz
djcarr

attached to bugtracker

Post by djcarr »

Hi guys,

I've attached the implementation here :

http://bugs.mantisbt.org/view.php?id=6446

It's not intended as a patch for the Mantis codebase, it's just a modification that worked for me and I'm making it available for some people who requested it. You're of course welcome to any or all of it :)
Boesman

Re: Wanted : Move child issues to another issue

Post by Boesman »

Hi

I must admit I not a good coder but I really need this feature. Tried to make it work on version 1.0.8 without success. I followed djcarr's instruction on issue 6446. copied strings into english language file but i am getting the following error: Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/html/mymantis2/bug_actiongroup_page.php on line 59

when clicking on OK after i have selected a couple of issues.

please help,

thanks.