A Crystal Report for printing bug lists.

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Izzard

A Crystal Report for printing bug lists.

Post by Izzard »

Hi folks.

I've developed a Crystal Report so our managers can print out (for example) lists of assigned bugs, in a format that they like. I'm sharing it in case it's useful to anyone else.

Specs:
  • Made for Mantis 1.0.0rc1
  • Made with Crystal Reports 8.5
Features:
  • Reports on a single Project (prompted).
  • Groups by Category.
  • Colour-codes as per Mantis default for Status.
  • Understands Status of "To be tested" (when Status = 60).
  • Collapses Closed issues by default (shows summary only).
  • Prompts for range of Status values on which to report (e.g. from 'Assigned' to 'Resolved'). Defaults to all but Closed.
  • Prompts for 'Summary only' print.
  • Includes Description, Additional Information and Steps To Reproduce (if "Summary only' isn't chosen).
  • Boxes in margin for brief notes / squiggles.
  • Click bugs in preview to jump to bug in Mantis (see 'Things you need to know', below).
Example output:

Things you need to know:
  • Requires MySQL Connector/ODBC ('myODBC'). Install this and create a System DSN (in Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Data Sources) called 'MantisBT' which logs into your Mantis database, since this is what the report is expecting.
  • You will have to supply the project name to report on when prompted. I recommend editing the parameter field 'Project' on the report and entering all your project names as default values. That way, you can simply select one from a list when prompted.
  • Most fields link directly to the bug in question within Mantis. They do this by constructing a URL with the bug ID. If you want to use this feature, you'll need to change the formula so it uses the path to your Mantis instalation, not mine (i.e. "http://<<yourServerName>>/mantis/view.php?id=<<bugID>>").
Where to get it.
Download it here (may need to right-click and save).

Enjoy!

Any questions, just ask.

Please let me know if it was useful, or if you improve it, by replying to this thread.
gabriel

Link Broken for Crystal Report

Post by gabriel »

My management need extreme reporting. I would like to take a look at your report. This can save me hours/days/weeks of work in trying to customize the Summary pages.
I would appreciate your help.
Thank you,
Gabriel
Gabriel
skibumm101

Post by skibumm101 »

The link appears to be broken
Rotem

Post by Rotem »

I would like very much to see this reports, and this link is broken.
Anyone ?

Thank you,
Rotem.
lkirkpatrick

Post by lkirkpatrick »

does anyone have the old code so we can get something going with the current mantis?