Tree relationships & custom bug status groups with workflows

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

przemek7bc

Tree relationships & custom bug status groups with workflows

Post by przemek7bc »

Hello,

My company made some modifications to an older Mantis version, which we use for some time now. Since then, we were unable to upgrade because we would have to manualy apply those modification the new Mantis version.

We would like to move our upgrades to the main mantis source code so we would be able to upgrade out installation more often.

Here are the features we added:

1. Custom bug status groups and workflows selectable per project.
We define extra status groups with or without workflows in configuration file, then we can choose which status group we use for a project from the project edit page (create and update pages).
It may also be done manualy from manage configuration UI screen.

2. Tree model relationships
We used the existing relationship graph model to implement a tree model. We did it by limiting the number of "child of" relations in a bug to one and by detecting circular relations.
That way, if we have a larger bug/task, we can divide it into smaller tasks and assign to different people.
There is also a new column for displaying hierarchy path in bug list view.
To mantain compatibility with older projects, tree relationships must be explicitly enabled in project edit page (create or update pages) or through configuration.

What is the procedure in pushig contributed code to mantis ? Should I send a patch to mantis dev mailing list ?
What are the chances they will apply this patch ? The code doesn't add any files and doesn't break any existing features.
smig1o

Re: Tree relationships & custom bug status groups with workflows

Post by smig1o »

Sounds good. First of all go to
http://www.mantisbt.org/wiki/doku.php/m ... it_patches
then, since they are new features, be sure to make patch agains 1.2 (dev version)
then open an issue on bug tracker, explain the new feature and attach a patch. Try to attach it in non-compressed format so it can be browsed easely.
Good luck :)
'Press any key to continue or any other key to quit'
przemek7bc

Re: Tree relationships & custom bug status groups with workflows

Post by przemek7bc »

Thanks for help.
As soon as I port those changes to the latest mantis version, I'll post a patch.