Modify filter to support filtering by issue ID

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

cabal95

Modify filter to support filtering by issue ID

Post by cabal95 »

I am developing a Cocoa application to interface with the Mantis bug tracker system. One issue I am running into is that I cannot find a good way to retrieve a "guaranteed" full list of issues. The only way I can retrieve issues is "per page", which does not help as that may change from call to call as I enumerate through the entire list (nor do I know when I have hit the end of the list, but that is a slightly different problem which I think I can fix pretty easily).

What I propose to do to solve this is to add a new method to the soap api (I've already added a few for my purposes, when I am all done I will post the entire patch) as well as to the core filter api. The functionality added to the core would be to allow me to filter based upon issue ID (greater than issue ID, less than issue ID) as well as to sort on issue ID (though I think that functionality should already exist). This way I can request 100 issues starting at number 0 (greater than), and then in my next call get 100 issues starting at the ID of the last issue I got in the previous call. This would ensure that nothing gets added, deleted, modified, whatever, that might screw up my retrieval process.

My soap api method would be a generic "retrieve headers for this custom filter".

I am pretty sure I can pull this off, but I don't know enough about the security architecture of Mantis to know if I will screw up any security stuff. I don't think it would cause any problems as it would be no worse then executing a query via the website that says "retrieve 10,000 issues per page, don't hide any status," but before I get too far in I want to verify my line of thinking.
cabal95

Re: Modify filter to support filtering by issue ID

Post by cabal95 »

I have posted a patch for this. #9026