Mantis Pager

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

cembree

Mantis Pager

Post by cembree »

I have released the first version of the mantis_pager script. It is being used to scan for new bugs that remain un-changed for for X of hours. It will then send a notice to the assigned person on regular intervals (currently 4 hours). It also escalates by contacting other assigned project members based on user privilege level.

Please note, this is an extremely ugly version of the code. It was designed for a single, specific customer and is not ready for general use. 8O That being said, it could be useful to someone who wants to make changes, etc.

You can download it from sourceforge: :arrow: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mantispager/

I hope to make some serious design changes and implement it as a Mantis add-on.

Enjoy.
cembree

Re: Mantis Pager

Post by cembree »

For those (any) of you who care... I've started putting some plans down on digital paper for mantis pager. Find it here:
http://www.ezas.net/mantispager/

I'm just getting the ball rolling on the rewrite, so don't get too excited :?

PS: If anyone on the Mantis dev. team has plans for something similar.. please let me know. I'd hate to waste my effort :wink:
vboctor
Site Admin

Post by vboctor »

Great work! There was several requests for escalations in the past and I think there was a patch in the bug tracker. So far, I am not to excited about having escalation as part of the core. However, I can see a lot of value in MantisPager, specially that if done probably, it can have great focus on scheduling, rules, etc and delivery very good results for Mantis users. I would love to see this as a Mantis plugin, using the plugins infrastructure available in the Mantis 1.2.x (version under development, i.e. SVN trunk).
Migrate your MantisBT to the MantisHub Cloud
cembree

Post by cembree »

Thanks for the encouragement :)

I have grand visions of doing the properly and well, so we'll see how things go.