building an href link url out of custom fields

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

tw

building an href link url out of custom fields

Post by tw »

hi all,

i'm using v 1.0.8.

i am very new to mantis, but i have some experience in php. a key feature i need to implement if we are to switch from quickbase (UGH!) to mantis, is the display of a couple small links to an external server in a new column for every row in the "view issues" page. the url would be built out of the values of custom fields i have defined. a link would appear somewhere in the individual bug page as well.

essentially, in the view issues page there would be a header column and each row would have a new column looking something like this:

<a href="http://example.com/foo.php?var1=[VALUE_ ... TOM_FIELD3]
">LINK</a>

i know that i need to use custom functions to override some built-in methods. probably "t_column_value_function" to start...but i'm a bit confused and could use some direction. if anyone here has done a customization like this, could you offer any advice?

thanks for your time,
tim
tw

Post by tw »

one issue i have is that the new column is not tied to _one_ custom field, but several. can you define custom columns that do not correlate to a single custom field?

i will probably also need to define a print_column method for my new column...right?

thanks,
tw