Mantis for PROJECT Planning

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

ruslan_zasukhin

Mantis for PROJECT Planning

Post by ruslan_zasukhin »

Hi Mantis Team and Users.

* 2 days ago I have discover RoadMap feature and was able to use it. Nice.
* We have also play with dotProject...

I have spend few hours reading all forums and wikis from both Mantis and DotProject. So far I see that there was 2 ideas:
a) integrate them both.
b) improve Mantis itself.

What is disspointed, that these talks take more than year. I see that there was at least TWO attempts develop integration of tools by David and Nikola. It seems to me both now are dead. Nikolas archive have gone away from sourceforge, and just 2 days ago Nikola have confirm that he drop development http://forums.dotproject.net/showthread ... ght=mantis
ruslan_zasukhin

Post by ruslan_zasukhin »

Continue:

We here also have try to use SCRUM tool (WEB/Java based) for project planning. It is more simple than dotProject tryies to be.

And it seems to me Mantis itself can provide such SIMPLE but yet effective features for Extremal Project Planning :-)
code4fun

Post by code4fun »

Hi,

I've been down the same road, and discovered that that there isn't any real link between dotProject and Mantis. The issues are just imported and then any updates in Mantis isn't reflected in dotProject.

I've just finished a project of ~7000 hours where Mantis and its Roadmap & Changelog feature was used with great success for both customer and developers. All planning regarding hours was done in MS Project.

Now I'm starting a new project in the same way, but all planning is done in 3 custom fields (Est.Work, Act.Work & Rem.Work). Then I'll make exports to Excel where macros will create reports and burn-down graphs.

This was supposed to have been made in Mantis, but sirshuf never finished .

Regards Code4fun