Multiple Target Verisions & Alignment on update bug page

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

nyamanza

Multiple Target Verisions & Alignment on update bug page

Post by nyamanza »

Hello Guys,
I have two questions, I'll start with the easy one,

1. I want to add the target_version and priority to the bug_change_status_page. When I add the Target Version eveything looks OK, but when I add the Priority I find that the priority is way out of alignment to the right of the screen. Here is what I added at about line 150 :-

Code: Select all

<?php 
  if ( 20 == $f_new_status ) { ?> 
	<!-- Priority -->
	<td class="category">
		<?php echo lang_get( 'priority' ) ?>
	<td>
	<select <?php echo helper_get_tab_index() ?> name="priority">
	<?php print_enum_string_option_list( 'priority', $t_bug->priority ) ?>
	</select>
	</td>
	<?php } else { ?> 
	<td colspan="10"> 
<?php } ?> 

<?php 
  if ( 20 == $f_new_status ) { ?> 
     <td class="category"> 
     <?php echo lang_get( 'target_version' ) ?> 
     <td> 
     <select <?php echo helper_get_tab_index() ?> name="target_version"> 
     <?php print_version_option_list( $t_bug->target_version, $t_bug->project_id, VERSION_ALL ) ?> 
     </select> 
     </td> 
     <?php } else { ?> 
     <td colspan="2"> 
<?php } ?> 
I have tried swapping the above order but I still get the alignment issue. (bare in mind one is a noob and is not a developer :) )
2. How can I get multiple target versions for one bug? I have found that the PORT option with relationships is not the best solution for my company.
Hauptmann

Re: Multiple Target Verisions & Alignment on update bug page

Post by Hauptmann »

ad 2.

I find this also very useful since we always support at least 2 versions

see also http://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=8360

let's hope the best

regards
dirk
vboctor
Site Admin

Post by vboctor »

Lets say it is possible to target an issue for 2 or 3 versions. How are you going to manage the status of fixing, testing and shipping of these fixes as they occur in multiple times in the future?
Migrate your MantisBT to the MantisHub Cloud
dam2p

Post by dam2p »

Hi,
I have a similar need: the project consists in a management of 12 "brother" software products, intended for different customers, but using up to 35 common parts (some use only 20, some use more). Thus an issue could be fixed on a sw-product, not applicable to some others, or still opened for others ones. For the moment, we manage it using an Excel sheet, but we really need proper sw configuration management now.

One solution would be to use sub-projects for common parts; each of them being linked to several parent-projects. But in this case, this would implie a huge product versions tree management + a huge amount of duplicated issues.
Another solution would be to manage multiple product-versions, target-versions or fixed-in-versions for a single issue, using a simplified workflow. An issue is confirmed when applicable to at-least one sw-product, and can be closed when not applicable or fixed-and-tested on every sw product. Custom fields can be used for that last point.

If you may propose a solution to my problem: either Mantis evolution or customization, or propose a different process.
Thank you in advance