Porting database issues ?

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

blueray2048

Porting database issues ?

Post by blueray2048 »

Hi, all.

What I doing was porting the mantis to work with ms access. When more or less it is worked out of installation script. But if I go to the main page (main_page.php). I got the following error:
  • APPLICATION ERROR #101
    Configuration option 'db_type' has invalid value 'access'
So, where could I found the db_type enum values.
vboctor
Site Admin

Post by vboctor »

You might want to have a look at core/database_api.php.
Migrate your MantisBT to the MantisHub Cloud
blueray2048

Post by blueray2048 »

Hi, Thanks your reply. vboctor

With the issues above.

1.) Will all the pages re-checking the correctless ?
For instance, main_page.php. Will it re-check the $f_db_type, $f_database_base etc after installation.

2.) Will some fields name be changed in the future so that it compatible more db ? such as those value field ? Coz it does't work with ms access.

Thanks
vboctor
Site Admin

Post by vboctor »

Typically the database type should mainly be checked in core/database_api.php. If we check for other places, it will be just to optimize a query for a specific database type using database specific features. Hence, the rest of the supported types will still works.

To support Access, what you need to do is to provide us with a patch (or a list of changes) that would get Mantis working on Access. What I would recommend is to create an issue on the bug tracker and document all the fixes that are necessary.

If there are fields to be renamed to accommodate for Access or other database, we will do it.

Once Mantis is working fine on Mantis, then I will create an "db access" category and then you and other access users can provide fixes for such issues.
Migrate your MantisBT to the MantisHub Cloud
blueray2048

Post by blueray2048 »

Thanks, vboctor.

I will create an issue entry when I have completed my job.
Actually, it seems the biggest problem should be the field names.
Within the time range, I should have to replace all the field name ( such as the field name [value] ) to made it works with mantis.

And also, I have checkedout the database_api already. But it does the interface only.