How long to change bug fields?

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

rischa

How long to change bug fields?

Post by rischa »

I want to customize mantis by basically completely changing the bug fields (Reporter, Monitored by, Status etc.) to match the fields we want to use for trouble ticketing at our own company.

For a PHP newbie with programming experience, is this going to be a difficult or drawn out task?

Are there any guides out there detailing what needs to be changed in the Mantis code to customize the fields for your own use?

I have no interest in using the "manage custom fields" feature that is built in, since I would like to remove or alter most of the fields that are set up by default.
deboutv

Re: How long to change bug fields?

Post by deboutv »

rischa wrote:I want to customize mantis by basically completely changing the bug fields (Reporter, Monitored by, Status etc.) to match the fields we want to use for trouble ticketing at our own company.

For a PHP newbie with programming experience, is this going to be a difficult or drawn out task?

Are there any guides out there detailing what needs to be changed in the Mantis code to customize the fields for your own use?

I have no interest in using the "manage custom fields" feature that is built in, since I would like to remove or alter most of the fields that are set up by default.
You can change the translations, by example you can change bug by ticket (code to put in the custom_strings_inc.php file):

Code: Select all

if ( lang_get_current() == 'english' ) {
    $t_vars = get_defined_vars();
    foreach ( array_keys( $t_vars ) as $t_var ) {
        $$t_var = str_replace( 'bug', 'ticket', $$t_var );
        $$t_var = str_replace( 'Bug', 'Ticket', $$t_var );
    }
}
Want more plugins to customize Mantis?
=> http://deboutv.free.fr/mantis/

Mantis: 1.1.0, 1.1.0a2
PHP: 5.0.4