Mantis on SourceForge

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

rnelson

Mantis on SourceForge

Post by rnelson »

I wanted to use Mantis for tracking bugs on SourceForge. However a major impediment is the lack of email support on their web servers. Their suggested solution is to write the email to a database and then run a cron job on the shell server under your account to pull it out and mail it.

So I modified phpMailer to support a 4th delivery mechanism (MySQL) and changed core/email_api.php to use it when g_phpMailer_method is set to 3.

I wrote a python script which is run by cron and reads the email from the database, sends it using sendmail and then updates the database.

Is there any interest in this? If so, is it possible to get it incorporated into the Mantis code?
vboctor
Site Admin

Post by vboctor »

I've implemented a feature in Mantis 1.1.0aX where it is possible for the email to be stored in the database and then sent later using a cronjob. You may want to look at this implementation and work on adding a smaller patch for it.

http://www.mantisbt.org/wiki/doku.php/m ... il_queuing

However, it would be useful to report an issue in the bug tracker that describes your current patch which would be useful for users using Mantis versions pre-1.1.
Migrate your MantisBT to the MantisHub Cloud