How can I prevent that a ticket can be resolved as 'open'?

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

covfefe

How can I prevent that a ticket can be resolved as 'open'?

Post by covfefe »

Hello folks! :D

I have a problem concerning status options and resolutions.
In my system, there are the status option resolved and closed (I think both are dafault in Mantis).
What annoys me is that a ticket can be set either to be resolved or closed with the 'Open' resolution. :cry:

I want to force users that they pick any other resolution than 'Open' when they select one of the two statuses.
Is that possible somehow? :?:

I found the config option 'bug_resolved_status_threshold' in the manual and thought probably this a good start, but I have no idea with which parameters I have to set it.
I know I have to place it under "Manage"->"Manage Configuration"->"Configuration Report", where I have also put my customized status_enum_workflow but it is unclear which value to put in bug_resolved_status_threshold.
Is this option suited for that what I need? http://www.mantisbt.org/docs/master-1.2 ... guide.html

Best regards and thanks in advance :wink:
rkarmann

Re: How can I prevent that a ticket can be resolved as 'open

Post by rkarmann »

Hi,

This configuration option is set with a constant (take a look at constant_inc.php).

If you want the 'resolved' resolution to be set in only one case, you should write :

in our config_inc.php file:
$bug_resolved_status_threshold = THE_CONSTANT_YOU_CHOOSED;

Here is a snippet of code that demonstrates the different statuses :

Code: Select all

# This is used in add user to project
# status
define( 'NEW_', 10 );

# NEW seems to be a reserved keyword
define( 'FEEDBACK', 20 );
define( 'ACKNOWLEDGED', 30 );
define( 'CONFIRMED', 40 );
define( 'ASSIGNED', 50 );
define( 'RESOLVED', 80 );
define( 'CLOSED', 90 );
Currently working on a wiki-based plugin for MantisBT 2.X. If you'd like to test it, contact me or see the plugin section.