Bypass authentication on "for google" pages ??

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

jlndrr

Bypass authentication on "for google" pages ??

Post by jlndrr »

Hi,

I tried to construct a specific page without authentication for indexing bots (crawler for search engines), but with no luck. The purpose is to let bots index private projects. Private projects will be fully searchable, but not cached.

Why would I want to let bots index bugs, but not let anonymous login on the project ? In a word : I want people to sign up before they see the issues, as in some forum. But I want the issues to be searchable on google and others.

I'll check the user agent, in order to redirect people coming from Google and co. to the non-modified pages. Pages will be set as NOARCHIVE, so the private project will be fully searchable, but to read fully an issue, you'll need to sign up then login.

So, it try to build a second version, authentication-free, of view_all_bug_page.php and of view.php. Optionnally, I could try on issues_rss.php. It fails everytime.

I'm not an expert in PHP, I just know how to hack things a bit, so if someone has a clue about how desactivate authentication on a specific page, it could help me a lot.

Thanks by advance