Automatically Change Custom Field Value with Status Change

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

matto

Automatically Change Custom Field Value with Status Change

Post by matto »

I'm looking for a way to automatically change the value of a custom field based on how the status of the bug is changed. The reason I'm looking to do this is because of the way I have the work flow setup. When a bug is resolved there are two different states it can be set to; Developed, signifying that a change to our documentation is needed before it can be considered resolved, and Resolved, signifying that either no change to documentation is needed or the changes have been completed, and it is ready for QA testing. I would like to be able to set it up so that when a bug's status is changed from Assigned to Resolved the custom fields that hold information for documentation have values set that reflect that no documentation was needed.

I currently have it setup so those fields are manually updated when changing the status, but would like to automate that, since they should always be set to the same value in that situation and that would prevent people mistakenly putting in the wrong value.

Also, since the company is relatively small, we only have one person doing documentation. Is there any way that I can automatically reassign a bug who status is set to Developed, signifying that documentation is need, to this person?
jpvaisse

Post by jpvaisse »

I have a problem similar to your problem in the way that I want to link a custom field to the workflow.

this what I would like to do:

I have a custom field "Delivered on" with "date" format.
The developper fills in this field to show when he will deliver a solution for the issue.
I would like something so that:

1 feb: issue posted
2 feb: issue assigned to developer
3 feb: the developer fills in the custom field "deliver on" with 5 feb 2008
4 feb: nothing
5 feb: nothing
6 feb: state is still to "assigned" --> MAIL to the developper and notify : "you're late", please give a new date for the custom field "deliver on".

do you know a way to do this ?