Multiple valids emails address per account in 1.2.19 Mantis

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

jazz

Multiple valids emails address per account in 1.2.19 Mantis

Post by jazz »

We need more than one email address attached to mantis account.
This is the one of cases when you have one account and need to notify many associates.

#0010207 gave brief description but that patch is not working with 1.2.19 version of Mantisbt.
Reason :- Patch is failing. Seems incompatibility issue.

Can any developer here help me and suggest OR provide any work-around to add this functionality to my project.
Appreciate your suggestion /help :|
jazz

Re: Multiple valids emails address per account in 1.2.19 Man

Post by jazz »

Can anyone help on this ? Need urgent suggestion to resolve this,
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

I think that Mantis is not the right or at least not the best place for this.

I recommend to create e-mail distributions lists, something like teamA@myemail.com, teamB@myemail.com
The e-mail server could be configured to sent this to all users that are member of the team.

You could configure e-mail rules for one of the users if distribution lists are not possible.
Most of the systems allow to configure rules like: If email sender is Mantis@myeamil.com, forward the email to UserB@myemail.com and UserC@myemail.com
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
jazz

Post by jazz »

Yes Atrol , Your suggestion is quite good .This is what I am trying to implement by making general Email ID for a group/team .But this is also not full-proof solution.

As a standard we would like to see this add on in Mantis itself and it will be a hit for sure.
There are many scenarios when we need to add person from other team/project/company for every issue related to something specific.("Monitored By " does the partial job but we need to add every time for each issue) .

Hope, You will consider this as new feature OR someone will provide any workaround OR plugin .

thanks.