Suggestion: Monitoring should give read acces to a ticket

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Iskandar

Suggestion: Monitoring should give read acces to a ticket

Post by Iskandar »

In my humble opinion, when someone adds another user at the "users monitoring this issue" list that user should be granted access at read level to that specific issue.

Let's see an example:

User1 is a new employee at the "accounts" department and opens a ticket in the "SAP DEPARTMENT" project asking for a new login to SAP. The developers of "SAP DEPARTMENT" ask him to attach an authorisation from the responisble at his department.

By now, the user must send an email to the responsible and attach it as .msg to the issue.

What we would like is that he could simply add the responsible to the monitoring list, he had access to the issue to put a note and so he could confirm the solicitude. The problem is that even if you add him to the monitoring list, he is still an informer to that project and so he wont have access (only the user who opens the issue and developers or higher levels get access). We don't want him to be a devoloper to that project because then he could see any other issues on that project (he should only be able to see issues reported by him or his employees) and of course making the issue public is not an option.

Seems like the monitoring is only intended for developers...

What I wanna say with this example is that there may be situations when you want more than one "informers" to have access to a specific Issue and this could be easilly resolved by making possible that users that monitor an issue not only get the emails but also access to the issue even if they are informers or don't have assigned that project to their list of available projects...

I Hope I made my point clear even with my terrible english

I would like to know more opinions about this :)