Jump to custom field

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Jee

Jump to custom field

Post by Jee »

Hi,

In addition to the possibility to "jump" to an incident with a certain Mantis-ID, I would like to add the possibility to jump to an incident with a certain value for a custom field X.
Preferably, I would like this to work using the existing "jump" field, i.e. if the user enters a value there it would search first for a Mantis-ID equaling that value, and if not an incident that has the custom field X equaling that value (it can show the 1st one it finds, no need to show more than one). Another solution would be having a separate field for the custom field to jump to.
Has anyone already implemented something similar? (I've done a search in the forum but found nothing). If so, I would like to see th code so I don't have to start implementing from scratch.

Thanks in advance,

Jee
Mr.J!M

Post by Mr.J!M »

It's call SEARCH BOX in the Filter page (view_all_bug_page.php)
no?
Jee

Post by Jee »

Mr.J!M wrote:It's call SEARCH BOX in the Filter page (view_all_bug_page.php)
no?
no. The search box only searches within the standard text fields (summary, description etc). You won't find issues that have a value of a custom field equal to the search string you enter.
Furthermore, the jump button is always present on all screens, there is no need to go to the filter page.