cvs integration

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Siets

cvs integration

Post by Siets »

Hi all,

I know work is going on better CVS integration, but I'd like to point at the cvslog/cvsprep scripts (http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/cvslog/) that we used for better integration.

One of the improvements is that multiple directory commits are merged into one message. Furthermore these scripts can be modified to write mantis cvs links (cvs:file:rev) in the messages.
The simplified output of the cvslog script is simply send to the mantis checkin script instead of to sendmail.

One addition we made to Mantis, and also recommend to be incorporated in Mantis, is an extension of the cvs format to two versions:
cvs:file:rev1:rev2
This way links to both versions and the diff can be generated. A patch to string_api.php of version 1.1.0a1 is found below.

Code: Select all

221,227d220
<  
< 		# convert extended cvs urls
< 		if ( $p_include_anchor ) {
< 			$t_replace_with = '[CVS] \\1:   <a href="'.$t_cvs_web.'\\1?r1=\\4&r2=\\6" target="_new">diff</a>, <a href="'.$t_cvs_web.'\\1?rev=\\4" target="_new">\\4</a>, <a href="'.$t_cvs_web.'\\1?rev=\\6" target="_new">\\6</a>\\7';
< 		} else {
< 			$t_replace_with = '[CVS] '.$t_cvs_web.'\\1?rev=\\6\\7';
< 		}
229,233d221
< 		$p_string = preg_replace( '/cvs:([^\.\s:,\?!<]+(\.[^\.\s:,\?!<]+)*)(:)(\d\.[\d\.]+)(:)(\d\.[\d\.]+)?([\W\s])?/i',
< 				$t_replace_with,
< 				$p_string );
<  
< 		# convert default cvs urls