Client Facing Front End

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

raimondi1337

Client Facing Front End

Post by raimondi1337 »

I'm writing a PHP page so that our clients can submit issues to use without seeing mantis themselves. I've got a form that adds rows to the table 'mantis_bug_table' and 'mantis_bug_text_table', and the issues submitted this way show up inside mantis on the default page, but if you click on any of the issues or try to delete them from within mantis it says "issue does not exist".

Does anyone know what other tables I need to submit to or things I need to trigger for this to work?

Once I get this working properly I'm going to optimize it a bit for distribution and make it open source.

Edit: I just read in the docs that injecting issues directly into the database is not recommended, why is this? I would just write a plugin using the core API's but I don't want users to interact within Mantis.
12chris

Re: Client Facing Front End

Post by 12chris »

Hello,
i created just a similar front-end in enterprise environmet.

I did not use direct injections of issues into tha table but rather using the API - it was a piece of cake completing the task.

Are you really deep into direction of issues or don't you mind using the API? If it's ok to use the API then i can help.