Database configuration enhancement

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

alias

Database configuration enhancement

Post by alias »

I've been playing with the alpha build of mantis you have and love it..

however i have 1 suggestion i would abolutely love. Where i work i support a lot of projects and we have started setting up mantis instances for them. However like human nature people want to make it as much of a pain to setup for them as it can be.

The basic gripe i get is they want the text customized.. which is no problem i have just been editing the strings_english files. However i'm startinig to get to a point of hosting multiple projects on the same instance and that doesnt necessarly work for me too much anymore.

So you have this new nifty database configuration where i noticed you can set options per project. would it be possible to add in language overrides into that?

So i could do something like s_steps_to_reproduce_updated = foo for project 1 where project 2 could say bar?
vboctor
Site Admin

Post by vboctor »

Please report this as a feature request in the bugtracker. We will be revising our approach for localization and customization soon and will decide whether the database will be involved in this process.

For me, even if the strings remain as they are, it may make sense to have the ability to use the database the same way custom_strings_inc.php has been used so far.

Regards,
Victor