Help with Creating Custom Buttons

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

kec161

Help with Creating Custom Buttons

Post by kec161 »

I could use some help creating custom buttons.

We have a field called QA Reviewed that has the options Approved and Rejected. I'd like to add a button to the top of the Advanced View Details page where I could click it and it would set the QA Reviewed field to Approved. This would replace me updating the bug, scrolling to the QA reviewed field, selecting Approved and hitting OK.

I saw that I can customize the custom_function_default_print_bug_view_page_custom_buttons function in custom_function_api file but then I'm lost. Does anyone have some sample code that I could glance at?
carp3tshark

I'm interested in a richer UI too

Post by carp3tshark »

We will be customizing our Mantis UI. I'm very interested in getting the GUI to be less text heavy. Custom buttons will be a great start.

BTW - we also have similar Status field values like Verified and Failed that would be great to be able to quickly set for a bug. Mainly we are looking to streamline the workflow through Mantis.

For instance:
bug is entered, attachments added, etc..
gets read, acknowledged by someone, and assigned to a developer (with a note)
developer marks it fixed - unverified
QA marks it fixed - verified or failed - adds a note either way.
Bug is closed or re-assigned to the developer.

Having a toolbar and some controls to speed this type of workflow is important to us.

there are many other workflows as well that we wish to speed up with a more rich UI.