We have used Elmar's time tracking plugin, originally for mantis 0.19.1, extensively in my group over the years (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=589
). I have been hacking it into the new versions of mantis over and over to keep it working but have finally converted it into a 1.2 plugin. With Elmar's permission I am including it in this post. Hopefully it will be of some value to others as well. If you do use it, please contact me if you have any problems or feature requests as I will be maintaining it for Elmar from here on out.
Differences from the original:
- I removed the cost options as we don't use them.
- I added support so users can only delete their own entries.
- I added a jump to Time Tracking link at the top of the issue view page.
- Standard plugin additions, new table name, security and configuration page.
Differences from timecard plugin and the built in time tracking:
- We needed to be able to record the date with the time. This allows us to go back and enter or fix old times. We have the table linked to some internal charting tools that make this feature very useful.
Message to the MantisBT Team:
Great job! Mantis is an excellent application and a very valuable open source offering. More than that, it has been well designed and coded. I have always enjoyed working in the Mantis code for various internal customizations but now, having learned the plugin API, I am even more impressed. A well thought out design worthy of review as a prime example of PHP coding. Keep up the good work!