Hack for multiple problem-solvers per Bug

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

mcwizard

Hack for multiple problem-solvers per Bug

Post by mcwizard »

We've customized Mantis 1.0.0RC5 for our internal needs (mostly that we do have multiple people assigned to a bug) and I'd like to share the final code for that.

Our workflow is like that:
- Reporter reports a bug and does not assign anyone or add anyone to be a monitor.
- Manager assigns the people who are most likely to be able to fix the bug via the "Send reminder" option.
- Once a developer fixes an issue, he assigns the bug to himself as usual.
- Once a bug is in fixed state, another developer (anyone) checks if the fix is ok and sets the bug state to closed.

DISCLAIMER: I've not cared about current code standards for Mantis or future compatibility, nor did I comment very good. I've also changed some language-specific files and added some non-translated text directly into php where needed. My focus was on speedy changes and not on good code. Sorry for that, but I needed to prove how easy mantis was to adopt. In a few years I might make a better patch for Mantis 2.0 (if there will be a patch needed for us :) )

If you speak german, you can take the version I'm posting here, if you're not, you might have to change some texts inside the php code and do some adoptions to the english names. I guess the few lines of german I've added can be easily babelfished to any other language. If you really have problems I can give you a translation :)

Our additions/changes:
- We use the "Monitored by" field for assigning multiple people to an issue.
- Once someone has taken over a bug, he assigns himself as usual.
- We do have two accounts for each developer, one for assignment and one for actually only monitoring a bug. If you want to monitor a bug, you can send a reminder to your own visitor-account.
- Monitors can be removed/added easily via the "send reminder" page.
- People assigned to an issue appear on the list of bugs
- The interface has been stripped of all unnecessary fields (for us) and streamlined for optimal screen usage. (No logo on the top for instance).
- A new Box has been added to the "My View" page, which shows all bugs monitored by your visitor account
- The boxes on "My View" have been modified to our needs (They sort by priority for example)
- Mails subject is changed to show the Type of mail: i.e. CHANGED #1342: Text...
- Reports are available in advanced mode only, the simple mode might hide some important fields
- Updates/View are available in simple mode only, advanced mode has not been changed, so it might be unusable..

Attached is the diff to Mantis 1.0.0RC5 and our config file (stripped of secret data of course).

If you want to test it, you do not need to change your database, but you should add the config entry for $g_Zuordnung_User_Zuschauer (as seen in the sample config) to have an entry for each Normal Account ID -> Visitor Account ID. It is a good idea to call the visitor accounts Visitor ... (so my account would be McW and my visitor would be "Visitor McW".

If you got and questions or comments, feel free to ask...

For the files see Mantis Bug #6644 http://bugs.mantisbt.org/view.php?id=6644
omeslo

Interesting, but..

Post by omeslo »

.. the attachments are missing.
Does anyone know if this issue has been solved in a recent release? The issue still has the status: New.

I have been browsing the forums for some time, and although this issue was reported more than once, I could not find a solution.
mcwizard

Post by mcwizard »

I reuploaded the file, but I don't know anything about the current status of the implementation for Mantis...
omeslo

Post by omeslo »

thanks man, I'll look into it.