Mantis hangs when user logs in

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

milutino

Mantis hangs when user logs in

Post by milutino »

Mantis Version : 1.1.8
PHP Version : 5.3.1 RC1

I just finished setting up Mantis, however there appears to be some sort of problem with Mantis user authentication. About 20% of the time any user attempts to log in, the attempt hangs and eventually times out. That user and any other user is no longer able to log in. The only solution I've found is to restart Apache, and it takes quite a while to restart when in this state.

I do not see anything in apache's error log, and I do not see any php or mantis error logs being created. Does anyone know what might be causing this issue, and if not, how to go about trying to debug it?

(this happens with both CRYPT and MD5 encryption methods. It also was happening under HTTP_AUTH, however some users whose account were created after the encryption method stopped changing still trigger this.)
Cartman1984

Re: Mantis hangs when user logs in

Post by Cartman1984 »

Hello everybody,

exactly the same problem on my side. Just installed Mantis and created some users, but most of the time users are not able to connect to the page. It is loading with message "Waiting for the server", but doesn't finish. This error starts to occur when someone tries to change or enter a password. So, when someone tries to log in or when the administrator tries to set back a password to its default value.

Mantis version is 1.1.8
PHP version is 5.3.0
MySQL 5.1.37 (community Server) with PBXT engine 1.0.08-rc

Hope very much anybody will be able to help us solving this problem. It would be great being able to use this great tool!

Best regards
Robin
Asjad Hassan

Post by Asjad Hassan »

I am having the same problem please someone help us out
claude

Post by claude »

We seem to have a similar issue here. Do you run Mantis on a Windows server, by any chance?
milutino

Post by milutino »

Yes, we're running on Server 2K3.

Anyone familiar with PHP debugging techniques to at least figure out where it is hanging? Is there a way to do the equivalent to an attach to process with windows apps?
vboctor
Site Admin

Post by vboctor »

This may be related to the following bug report:
http://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=10926
Migrate your MantisBT to the MantisHub Cloud
LilCthulhu

Post by LilCthulhu »

Just to let you know :

regarding http://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=10926

I've switched to IIS, PHP 5.3.0 and Mantis1.2.0rc2 and everything seems to be working properly so far...