Problems with Safari on Mac?

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

luke

Problems with Safari on Mac?

Post by luke »

One of my devs is having problems using Mantis on his Mac while using Safari. While i know this is a small problem, i'm wondering what it could be in the engine that safari is using to cause this problem.

Here is a screenshot of the problem.
http://www.nolanparty.com/uploads/Afbeelding3.pdf
vboctor
Site Admin

Post by vboctor »

I assume that the problem you are referring to are the strange characters. One thing he should check is to make sure that his language preference is not set to "auto" but it is set to "English" or whatever specific language that he prefers.

If that is not the problem, then you may have better luck ask thraxisp on the irc channel. I think he is a Mac user as well.

Regards,
Victor.
ryandesign

Weird

Post by ryandesign »

Wow, that's really weird-lookin'. I've never seen that problem in Mantis, and I use Safari as my everyday browser, and I'm the one responsible for introducing Mantis to our company. Also, I have my Mantis installation's language set to 'auto'.
thraxisp
Developer

Post by thraxisp »

I would have originally called this as a font problem, but it's not consistent. Mantis uses one of Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, or the default sans-serif font for it's display in the css. The text almost looks like some of it is rendered using Unicode characters.

Is the user set up for another language in the OS?
Does the user have a lot of fonts installed? Maybe one is corrupt and overlaying others.

PS. I use a Mac. I've used a couple of languages as well in Mantis, but have never seen anything like this.