Hello,

Signature:
==================
CentOS 7.4
PHP 7.1.13
Maintis BT 2.8.0
MariaDB 5.56.x
==================

With some help from this forum and other references online, I was able to set up the email notification successfully. for example, email notifications go out when a user reports a new bugnote (or ticket), adds a new note on a bugnote, changes relations, etc. Yet, I did observe an issue:

When a user updates an existing note in a bugnote (or ticket), no email notification is sent out to any other users who, for example, monitor the bugnote, have ever added a note to the bugnote before, etc.

I searched the forum and the Internet and found the post below where 'feesh' reported the same issue, but no further discussions lead to a solution (at least not clear from the link below).

https://www.mantisbt.org/forums/viewtop ... 181#p60569

Note: doubled checked the file config_inc.php and config_default_inc.php, everything uses the default out-of-box values. Also, double checked the email notification management web page within MantisBT, all checkboxes are selected.

Anyone here met across this issue? Any help would be highly appreciated.
atrol
Site Admin

Re: No email notification when a bug note is updated

Post by atrol »

Wesley wrote:found the post below where 'feesh' reported the same issue,
It's not the same issue.
The mentioned topic deals just with new bug notes.

What you want is a feature request, which is covered by https://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=3380
If you read the discussion, you will notice that not all users want it that way.
So if a user would start to implement it, it should be a feature which can be enabled/disabled by a configuration option.
Or even better, there should be a checkbox when adding a note, where the author of the note could decide if notifications should be sent (e.g. major correction) or not (e.g.fix of a typo).
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
Wesley

Re: No email notification when a bug note is updated

Post by Wesley »

Hi Atrol,

Thanks for the quick reply. It is very helpful to me to look at this issue from a different UX perspective.

After going through the bugnote 3380, personally, I like your idea of having a checkbox to give the editor the option to decide if other users associated with this ticket or not should get notified about the updating on a note. Hope this addition can be available in the future.

Wesley